Twice Baked Potatoes Loaded with Cheese, Ham and Eggs
If you are looking for something extraordinary to cook for the next dinner, you will like this simple recipe a lot. Do you remember Breakfast Bread Bowls recipe? How about trying the same with potatoes? Baked potatoes loaded with your favourite fillings like cheese, ham, red peppers and eggs, served with crispy lettuce or fresh vegetables will create an exciting alternative for typical everyday dinner.
It’s really easy, just follow these few simple steps:
Ingredients: (2 portions)
- 2 medium size Potatoes
– 2 Eggs
– few slices of good quality Ham or Bacon, cut into small pieces
– half of red Bell Pepper, chopped
– Chive or Green Onions, chopped
– Cheese, shredded
– 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
– Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Rinse the potatoes under cold running water and scrub them with a brush to remove any dirt as you’ll eat them with skin. Dry them with paper towel and wrap each potato in aluminium foil, place on a baking sheet and bake them for about 60 minutes until fully cooked.
- When the potatoes are fully cooked, let them cool down enough to handle and unwrap.
- Slice off the top of each potato.
- Using a spoon scoop out the insides. Leave some potato attached to the skin to make sure the potatoes will keep their shape and won’t leak. Don’t waste those insides – save them and use later for mashed potatoes.
- Brush the inside of each potato with a little bit of olive oil or melted butter, sprinkle with some salt and fill with shredded cheese, bell peppers and ham or bacon (you can first crisp them on a pan), crack an egg and top with some chive, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake again for about 20 minutes, until the eggs are set (but not to hard).
Simple, easy and really tasty. What is more, you can use any filling you like – broccoli, chicken, mushrooms. Don’t be afraid to experiment with this dish and let me know which filling is your favourite.